Monday, April 24, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Me Time

Happy Monday guys! 5 more weeks of school and I am so excited for summer! Braden and I are starting to make a bucket list of things we want to do this summer. If you live in Utah, do you have any suggestions? This is our list so far:
Hogle Zoo
Bear Lake
Bear World
Aquarium
Swimming
Snow Cones
Farmer's Market

What else do we need to add to our list?

Moving along... Today's Mommy Style Monday topic is ME TIME! And if you read my last Mommy Style Monday post about managing time (here) you will have noticed that I don't really get a lot of free time. I work full time and then when I'm home I am spending those precious hours with Boston. I am definitely not a night person so I go to bed shortly after Boston goes to bed. After Boston goes to sleep I exercise, clean, get everything ready for the next day, and then I get ready for bed. 

I would say my "me time" is when I exercise. Exercise has become a routine and if I don't do it then I feel like everything else is off balance. You know how when you exercise in the morning then you are more motivated to eat healthy the next meal? Maybe even for the rest of the day? Well that is what exercising does to me but in more than one way. When I exercise it makes ME feel better. I am a happier person when I exercise. When I exercise I feel productive which then makes me want to be even more productive. Exercise also helps me with my anxiety. It helps relieve some of those stresses that have been bottled up all day. So no, I don't really get "me time" where I have a girls day with friends, or I get to work on a craft, or paint my nails. My "me time" is exercise. I need that in my day in order for everything else to fall into place.
On weekends my "me time" might be going to a store by myself or taking a bath. But I find that as long as I get that exercise in, I really don't need that much "me time".


I am in love with this top from Lululemon. This is another top that I have been on the search for. They no longer sell it in stores but I LOVE the peplum style. If you don't know by now... I am OBSESSED with peplum everything. Anyway, this is another Poshmark find! And it was NEW!

What do you like to do when you have a moment to yourself?

Don't forget to check out the other moms and what they do!
Madeline at CaseyLand
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Monica at It's All About

And if you want to sign up for our next Mommy Style Monday sign up HERE!
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You really are so great at exercising. I have found that "me time" needs to happen throughout the day every day for me, and it's all really small stuff! It helps so much though!

    ReplyDelete