Monday, April 10, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Managing Time

It's another Mommy Style Monday! We just had Spring Break last week and I am dreading going back to work. But only 7 weeks left of school! I say "only" but 7 weeks still feels like A LONG time.


Our topic for today is how we manage our time. I am someone who loves having a schedule. I love making a to do list just so I can check things off. I love having a planner because I love writing in it and organizing my days. I am not much of a "go with the flow" kind of person. I like having a plan and I like feeling like I am in control, which isn't always the best.
As a working mom I feel like I don't have a lot of down time. I am constantly busy.

Here is a little outline of how a typical week day goes.
6:30-7:30 
Wake up, get ready, get Boston ready, drop Boston off at the baby sitter.
7:30-3:15 
WORK
3:15-6:00 
Play with Boston, run errands.
(I have to brag about my husband for a second. He cooks dinner EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Because I am not able to be a stay at home mom right now, he cooks dinner so that I can have some extra play time with Boston. Luckily, I have a husband that loves cooking. He is the best)
6:30-7:30 
Clean up dinner, get Boston ready for bed.
7:45-8:30 
Exercise
8:30-9:00 
Clean up around the house
9:00-9:30
Get ready for bed
9:30/10:00
Go to bed

So as you can see my day is packed full! My only "free" time is from 3:15-6:00. That's really the only GOOD chunk of time that I have to play with Boston. And after a full day of work I am TIRED. I feel like I am good at managing my time. I try to pick up the house every day so that I am not spending a lot of time cleaning because that is more time I can be with Boston.
I guess my biggest "tip" would be to prioritize your time. What is most important to you? Make sure you make time for that each day. I don't get a lot of "me" time but exercising is something that helps me relax after a long day at work. It isn't necessarily the "me time" that I want. But it will do. That is, until the weekend comes and I can finally take a long, relaxing bath.

And honestly, blogging is one of the last things on my list. I enjoy it, but if I don't have time for it then I just don't do it. That is why some weeks I am able to post 3-4 times. And there are some weeks that I post once, if at all. I used to stress out a lot more about having to post 3 times a week ALWAYS. But sometimes I don't know what to blog about! And I'm not going to write a blog post just to do it. I don't have time for that. As much as I'd like to quit my job and be a super famous blogger that gets paid to go on vacations... (haha) I know that isn't going to happen. So for now, blogging is just going to happen when I have the time. (I still think about quitting blogging... anyone else?)

Sign up HERE if you want to join us in our next Mommy Style Monday post!
How do you manage your time?
Don't forget to check out the other moms!

Madeline at CaseyLand
Erica at Good Job Momma
Cayli at Nightchayde
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Monica at It's All About

4 comments:

  1. My day is also pretty busy, but I kind of prefer that way. I like to keep moving instead of lounging around, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed you work out at night ha ha. Alex comes home and night rolls around and the LAST thing I want to do is work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you make it all work! And I also love that you find time and motivation to work out in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Madeline said, so impressed with the nightly work out! I just . . . can't.

    ReplyDelete