Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Real Life, Mom Life: Goodbye Pumping

For the past year I have been pumping every single day. It first started where I would be pumping 3-4 times a day. I would wake up early, go to bed late, pump in the middle of the night, just so I could get a good stash in the freezer. And because I was so nervous about not having a good supply.
I was so excited last summer because I would be at home and I wouldn't need to pump every day. Then school started up again and I went back to pumping. This year I have only been pumping during lunch rather than lunch AND prep. Well, I was lucky enough to build up a huge supply and I was able to donate lots of it and help out two babes. Now I have about 300 oz frozen for Boston. We made it to ONE YEAR nursing and I am so proud of us. Boston isn't needing as much milk and I don't need to keep adding to my frozen stash so now that it is Winter Break I have decided to be done! It will be nice to not have to be tied to my machine but it is also kind of sad! It has been a part of my life for a little over a year now. So crazy that I won't be doing it anymore. But we are still nursing and don't see an end in sight just yet. Although Boston is seeming to need less and less of that these days too. So we will see what happens. But YAY TO MAKING IT ONE YEAR!


Now I get to spend the next week and a half with my two favorite guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment