Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Real Life, Mom Life: Who Cares?

Okay. This is something that I have been thinking about for a while. 
Obviously on social media we like to talk about the good stuff, cute outfits, our perfect children, our loving husband, our clean house, our gourmet dinner and fancy dessert. And yeah, that isn't our life 100% of the time. Why would I want to post a picture of my messy house, or my dinner that I was too lazy to make so we went to McDonalds instead, or my son's spit up all over me.
We compare ourselves to each other all the time. I am actually pretty proud of myself because I am content with my life as it is. Yeah, I may not have a big fancy house, or expensive clothing, I don't get to be a stay at home mom, and I don't get to go on extravagant vacations. But that is OKAY with me! Right now I am in a good place. I love my family and I love where we are.
What I am having a hard time with is friends/acquaintances that try to rub things in your face. 
Like oh my heck, my son is younger than yours and he walked before yours. 
Who cares.
Or, I have more followers than you do on Instagram.
Who cares? I do actually. BUT WHY?! WHY DO I CARE?!
Or, look, I eat completely organic and you don't, so you're unhealthy.
Who cares.
Or, I'm better than you because I nursed longer than you. (I'm still nursing so I don't feel like this comment is specifically towards me, but I know people rub it in other people's faces and it is so sad.)
Who cares.

I don't know what the point of my post it. Other than, who cares what other people are doing! Enjoy your life. Enjoy every moment doing you. Who cares what other people are doing.
Moments like this make me want to stop using on social media altogether. Why am I showing off parts of my life? WHO CARES? Like really, do you really care that I went to the park with my son? Do you really care that I wear flannel all of November? I mean it's cool obviously, but do you really care?

So yeah. I have decided that I am going to be more positive on social media. I'm going to unfollow people that just make me mad/annoyed. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. And maybe these people aren't doing it on purpose but I don't like it. So I don't need it.

Has anyone else been feeling like this lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment