Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Real Life, Mom Life: Cleaning

So it's been a while since I've done a "Real Life, Mom Life" post. Honestly, it's because I haven't had anything in mind to talk about!
I wanted to just explain to you a little bit about why I started my "Real Life, Mom Life" posts. I want these posts to be REAL. I want them to show the good, bad, hard, ugly, fun, funny, happy, every aspect of being a mom. Every post is completely different. I am going to try and be better about posting my weekly "Real Life, Mom Life" posts.

Today's post is about cleaning! If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I recently read the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Ever since reading it I have been cleaning, organizing, and trying to find things to get rid of. We own SO much. I didn't realize how much we owned until we moved over the summer. It's ridiculous. And I know I can't just throw everything away, even though I want to. We still have a lot of stuff but we use it all. I'm sure there is more I could throw away but I made pretty good progress so far. I'll probably go through everything again in a couple of months and throw more stuff out.
I made this cleaning chart. It has a couple other things on there like exercise and water. It just reminds me of things that I should be doing daily. It has actually helped me keep a tidier house. If you want to do something like this I suggest printing the paper out and putting it somewhere in your home that you walk past several times a day. I put mine on my fridge. It actually sat on the counter for a while and guess what, I never did my daily tasks because I never looked at it! After hanging it up on my fridge I have been able to get everything done daily! It's quick and easy. I am a busy, full time working mom. And I find time to do all of this! I come home and play with Boston, I hurry and put a load of laundry in the wash, we play some more, we eat dinner, play some more, put laundry in dryer, play some more, then we put him to bed. After that I workout. Then I do my daily chore, tidy up, and fold some laundry. Okay, so sometimes the folding doesn't come until the next day or maybe the weekend. But we have clean clothes and that's the important part. :)

This is what works for me. I would be happy to share this with anyone who would like it. I looked up a few charts on pinterest and then made one that suited me. I would be happy to email it to you and you can make adjustments to fit you and your schedule!


No comments:

Post a Comment