Monday, November 21, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Hobbies for Mom

Happy Monday! I am so excited for this week. I only have work today and tomorrow and then it is THANKSGIVING BREAK! So excited.


Today's topic is coming from Monica at It's All About. Do you read her blog? Because you totally should, she is the cutest. Anyway. I used to hate it when people asked me what I like to do in my free time. What do I do in my free time? Clean, cook, watch tv, sleep... BORING! So I'd just make things up. Now I'm a mom and yeah I still do a lot of those things in my free time but I have hobbies! I don't have a lot of time for my hobbies but when Boston takes a nap/goes to sleep these are the things that I look forward to doing;
Exercising
Baking
Scrapbooking
Reading: Non-Fiction

I feel like these are pretty self explanatory hobbies.
I like to exercise. I used to only to it 4 times a week but I started doing a program where it's 6 times a week. I was worried I would get burnt out and to be honest, I did during week 2. But I worked through it and I am loving it.
Baking. As many of you know, it's Fall which means I do #pumpkinfriday. I make a pumpkin treat every Friday in Fall. But I also like baking other things! Baking is just so much more fun than cooking.
Scrapbooking. I have done a few posts on scrapbooking. I use Project Life. It's like scrapbooking made easy. I love it. It is so much fun. Braden got me a Cricut last year for Christmas and I have had so much fun with it!
Reading. This is actually a new hobby of mine. I am a school teacher and I hate to admit it, but I HATE READING! So bad of me to say that, right? But I have recently realized that I like reading if I am learning something. It obviously has to be something I am interested in. I love reading non-fiction and learning. Do you have any books that you would recommend?
Want to join us for our next Mommy Style Monday? Sign up here!

Don't forget to heck out the other mommy's!

Madeline at CaseyLand
Sue at Sue's News
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Monica at It's All About
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to be better at non-fiction reading for learning, but I have to admit I don't love it as much as a good story haha. Especially true stories! I like reading about people. But I'm really liking the book Big Magic right now! It's kind of a learning book I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have similar hobbies! Fun! How do you like your cricut? I've always been tempted to get one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not much of a non-fiction reader, either. Do "based off a true story" books count? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to bake, too. I usually do it with my kids though, so I didn't include it as something "outside" of motherhood, haha. And by with my kids I mean my toddler is trying to add all sorts of things into the mixing bowl, and my baby is crying on the floor wanting to be picked up soooooo that's always a good time ;)

    ReplyDelete