Monday, September 12, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Date Night


I just LOVE this picture of Boston! He was in the middle of chewing some food. And let's be honest, he isn't looking at the camera in any of the other 20 pictures we tried to take. This one actually turned out the best haha.

Happy Monday! Time for another Mommy Style Monday post. This week is about "date night". Braden and I actually haven't been on a date just us two since Boston was born. Some people might think we are crazy but we like being with our little boy. We both work full time and once we get home we love hanging out as a family. And even before Boston was born Braden and I just kind of hung out. We didn't really ever go on extravagant outings. We'd go to dinner or bring dinner home then watch a movie. I hate going to theaters (I know, I'm weird) so we'd just get something from Red Box or watch something on Netflix. Life really hasn't changed since we had Boston. We still go out to dinner or bring dinner home, we put Boston down for bed, and then Braden and I will snuggle up and watch a movie or Impractical Jokers, our favorite show right now.

For this date night post, or in our case date DAY post, we went on a picnic! The weather is starting to cool down just a little and I am soooo excited about it. I am sad that we won't be able to go on walks and hang out at the park so we are trying to get out as much as we can before it gets too cold. Boston LOVES being outside.

I finally caved in a few months ago and got some of those Moto Leggings that I know you have been seeing everywhere. And I love them! I want them in every color but I am really trying to practice some self control. My closet doesn't have much room for new things and I'm trying to get rid of things I don't wear but it's hard to get rid of clothes!


Elbow pads! My favorite!


I had to get my Diet Dr. Pepper in this picture. I am doing a 10 week challenge with some of my co-workers and I can't have sugar for 10 weeks! So Diet DP has seriously been my life saver.

Can't babies just sit still and smile for one picture? Haha. I love this little family of mine!
Remember to check out the other mommas and how they do date night and sign up HERE if you would like to participate next time!

Madeline at CaseyLand
Juli at Journey of J^3
Beverly at What a Day 
Erica at Good Job Momma
Kristen at Eat Play and Go
Chelsea at Tessa Marie

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Kiana

10 comments:

  1. How lucky to have a picnic outside right now! What a fun family date! I've seen those pants everywhere and have wondered if they were worth the hype, seems to be. :) and diet DP is life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try the pants! They are seriously one of my favorites right now! And yes, I'm glad I'm not the only diet DP addict here ;)

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love the idea of having a family picnic. Also I am impressed that you are going 10 weeks without sugar. I am not sure I would be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh, honestly, if I can go 10 weeks without sugar, YOU CAN! I'm going through serious withdrawals right now.

      Delete
  3. I love how most people have shared how they don't get out much without the kids ha ha. We're all in this together! I am kind of tempted to do 10 weeks without sugar. But only kind of ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I thought I was going to be one of the only ones. It is so reassuring knowing that no one else really does go on dates without kids! You should try it! It's hard but I know I am going to have a huge sense of accomplishment in the end.

      Delete
  4. No sugar for 10 weeks! I know it's doable, but you are my hero.
    I love your moto leggings! I've been thinking of getting a pair for myself, but maybe not until after baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It is doable, hopefully I can do it! And thank you, you'll definitely have to get some! But I understand waiting for baby to come. I can't imagine wearing them while pregnant! I LIVED for maternity pants when I was preggo. Sometimes I wish I could still wear them, they are so comfortable!

      Delete
  5. Cute! I tried to get my staff on board the 10 week thing but literally no one was willing to do it, which is maybe why we all should! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that we all pretty much do family dates! Cute outfit and pics!

    ReplyDelete