Monday, August 1, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Girls Day Out

Madeline and I started this Mommy Style Monday series to try and show other moms out there that you don't have to have all the money in the world to feel like you're still someone outside of being a mom. Often times I just don't want to get ready, and I want to stay in my leggings and ponytail all day long. But there is something about getting ready that just makes you feel so much better about yourself! It's so much fun to link up with other moms out there because then we can see how others do it, how they stay sane. I have loved meeting other moms through this series because it give me more inspiration! Please join us in our next Mommy Style Monday! We do it twice a month, the 1st and 3rd Monday and we have a different inspirational idea for each post! It is so much fun!

Click here if you want to sign up for our next Mommy Style Monday!


This weeks' inspiration is a girls day out! Honestly, this isn't something I do often, especially without Boston! Madeline was in town and she put together a fun blogger meet up! We went to crEATe Donuts and it was so yummy! Seriously, if you haven't been you HAVE to go! You basically get to build your own donut, or you can pick a donut off their menu. I chose their Dulce de Leche donut (which was actually a cronut, I have never had a cronut before but it was delicious!) with a side of vanilla bean gelato and it was so good. I need to go back and try all of their other donuts.



Because Madeline and I do this Mommy Style Series together we thought it would be fun to do a post together as well! Here are our outfits we wore for the fun blogger meet up! I seriously love the blogging community. Everyone is so nice and supportive of each other. There were like 15 girls and I only knew two people there! I was feeling a little awkward beforehand but seriously, everyone was so nice! I knew a few of the other girls just through reading their blogs and it was so nice to meet them in person!





Top: American Eagle / Jeans: American Eagle / Shoes: Report via Thred Up

Fun story, Riley and I went to high school together but she was a year older than me. I knew of her but really didn't KNOW her. Anyway, now she is one of my favorite bloggers! Go check her out! 
http://www.rileyjoblog.com


And remember, if you want to join us for Mommy Style Monday on August 15th, sign up here!

Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at It's All About
Amy at Harris Inc. 
Rose at Babies & Bluejeans 
Beverly at What a Day 
Juli at Journey of J^3
Susan at Sue's News

SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Love that top and looks like a fun event!

    -Rose
    Http://babiesandbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley! Love her blog as well.
    Cute outfits, girls :) Peplums ftw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have finished my donut! It seriously was delicious. I still prefer a cake donut though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goshhhh that is so nice! It really is crazy that we probably talked once in high school haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was so fun to meet you there! except HELLO, at the time i didn't even realize it was you guys. (my bad!) girls days with or without kids are essential in my book.

    amylynn188.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may have to try a peplum! Cute!

    ReplyDelete