Monday, July 18, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: What I Wish I Knew

Madeline and I started this Mommy Style Monday series to try and show other moms out there that you don't have to have all the money in the world to feel like you're still someone outside of being a mom. Often times I just don't want to get ready, and I want to stay in my leggings and ponytail all day long. But there is something about getting ready that just makes you feel so much better about yourself! It's so much fun to link up with other moms out there because then we can see how others do it, how they stay sane. I have loved meeting other moms through this series because it give me more inspiration! Please join us in our next Mommy Style Monday! We do it twice a month, the 1st and 3rd Monday and we have a different inspirational idea for each post! It is so much fun!

Click here if you want to sign up for our next Mommy Style Monday!


This week we decided to change things up a little bit this week by doing an inspirational post. Today we are talking about things we wish we knew about being a mom.

I knew I would be exhausted, I knew my life would not be just my own, I knew everything would change completely. But there are other things that I wish I would have known, people told me but I just didn't understand it until I had a child of my own. 
Here is my list of things I wish I would have known before my perfect little babe came into this world and changed my life forever.

1. The love, the unexplainable, unconditional, unimaginative love.
I love my son more than I could have imagined. It was seriously love at first sight. I'm happy when he's happy, I hurt when he cries, I laugh when he laughs (and sometimes cry because it is just the best thing in the world), and smile when he smiles.

2. The snuggles don't last forever.
 My son is only 7 months old and he has already stopped snuggling. I was so worried that if he slept in my arms all the time that he wouldn't be able to go to sleep by himself or sleep in his own crib. I wish I would have worried less about that and snuggled with him more.

3. Enjoy every moment, the hard times and the easy times.
 The hard phases don't last forever. Waking up ever 2 hours in the middle of the night will end. I remember one night I was just so frustrated and felt like I couldn't do it. I was sitting on the couch, holding my perfect son in my arms, bawling. My husband came out and asked what was wrong. I explained to him how tired I was, how frustrated I was that he couldn't sleep longer than 2 hours at a time, and I questioned how much longer I could do this. The next morning I woke up with so much pain and regret. This little newborn has no idea what's going on and he needs me. From that day I decided that I would enjoy the middle of the night cuddles and not get frustrated because like I said earlier, the snuggles go away and sometimes I find myself missing those middle of the night cuddles. 

4. It's okay if your house isn't always clean or if you're not always put together.
I told myself that I would clean during his naps and get ready and always look put together. HA! I swear I didn't put on make up for the first two months of his life and I lived in leggings, yep leggings, no shirt, What was the point? I felt like I was non-stop nursing! Please tell me I'm not the only one. His nap times turned into my nap times, and getting ready was a joke. Now that we are more on a schedule I actually get ready and clean, but sometimes the load of laundry stays in the dryer for a few days before I get to it. It's fine. We're fine. Live in the moment, spend time with your kids, don't worry about being a perfectionist. I had a hard time accepting that at first, but now, it's fine.

5. The love for my husband would increase dramatically.
I love my husband. I mean obviously, I married him. He is an amazing husband to me, but even a better father to our son. My heart just explodes every single time I see him with our son. He loves him so much and Boston loves him too. He lights up every time daddy walks into the room. Daddy often times has to leave the room when I'm nursing him because he constantly cranks his head back to see what he is doing or just to make sure he is still there. Sometimes that can be annoying, haha, but it's so cute.

You hear a lot about how your life is going to change once you have a kid, and often times I feel like people only tell you the negative things. No one tells you about how your life changes for the BETTER! Braden and I will often ask each other "What did we do before we had him?" "If we didn't have a baby, what do you think we'd be doing right now?" And we honestly don't know! Life is so much better with a little one in your lift.

If you haven't read this article, make sure you read it, especially if you are a first time expecting mom.

Make sure you check out all of the other mom's posts. We are all in different stages of motherhood and I'm sure we all wish we knew different things before becoming a mom.

Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at It's All About
Erica at Good Job Momma
Beverly at What a Day
Justine at Little Dove
Amy at Harris Inc.

And remember, if you want to sign up for Mommy Style Monday for August 1st, click here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I can totally relate to the no top thing!!! Definitely to wear a top for a little while at the beginning. Literally just a milk factory :) Loved this post Kiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. So glad I'm not the only one! I still feel like that sometimes!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet post!! You are such a beautiful mother! Your son is lucky to have you as his mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post!! You are such a beautiful mother! Your son is lucky to have you as his mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooooo sweet! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. I remember feeling that huge swelling of love toward my husband after we had our first. We are totally partners in this, and what a great thing it is to have a good father as a spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad i'm not the only one who forgets about the laundry in the washer hahaha. isn't it crazy how much you can love one tiny little person?! i didn't think my heart could grow anymore and then i had baby number two and sure enough, the love just keeps growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha Alex has to leave the room when I nurse Nathan because of the same thing! And I decided to have the same attitude toward waking up in the middle of the night. They're just so tiny, and they need us! It's helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5- NO KIDDING! My husband became %200 more attractive during those first two weeks of our baby's life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What precious pictures! It's so true, sadly the snuggles don't last forever. :( But it's also so true that about all the love. the love for your little one, the love for your husband, ti's amazing!

    ReplyDelete