Monday, July 4, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Red, White, and Blue

Happy 4th of July!

I LOVE holidays. Any holiday. I LOVE celebrating everything! I will seriously find an excuse to celebrate even the smallest holiday.
For Mommy Style Monday this week we thought it would be fun to show some 4th of July outfit inspiration! Normally I wear something with the American flag on it, or some red stripes or blue with white stars but this year I decided to switch it up a little bit! I still wore the red, white, and blue, but it is something I would feel comfortable wearing any day of the year as well!

Every Fourth of July we get together with family and have a BBQ. This year we are getting together with my family then we will go to Braden's parents and watch fireworks. This is Boston's first 4th of July! I know he is only 6 months old and he won't remember any of it anyway but I want him to watch fireworks! I want to see how he reacts to it for the first time! His bed time is 7:30 but we're thinking that we will wake him up for a little bit once the fireworks start. Yeah... I know it might throw off his schedule but I want to see his face when he sees all of these sparkly things shooting into the sky!

What do you guys do for the 4th of July? Do you have any fun traditions? Do your babes love fireworks? Are they afraid of them? I think Boston will like them, he loves loud noises and being scared so we will see!


I love bows! It's totally acceptable for a 23 year old to wear big bows... right?
Also, I'm getting my hair done tomorrow! I'm so excited but so nervous too!

Look at that face! Isn't he just the cutest?!

I have absolutely fallen in love with the peplum trend going on right now.


Top: LOFT / Jeans: American Eagle (old, similar here) / Shoes: Report via Thred Up / Sunnies: LOFT / Necklace: JCrew (old, similar here) / Watch: Michael Kors / Hair Bow: Forever 21


Madeline and I started this Mommy Style Monday Series to try and show other moms out there that you don't have to have all the money in the world to feel like you're still someone outside of being a mom. Often times I just don't want to get ready, and I want to stay in my leggings and ponytail all day. But there is something about getting ready that just makes you feel better about yourself! It's so much fun to link up with so many other moms out there because then we can see how we all do it, how we all stay sane. I have loved meeting other moms through this blogging series because it gives me more inspiration! It is so much fun to meet other bloggers! So please, join us in our next Mommy Style Monday! We do it twice a month, the 1st and 3rd Monday and we have a different inspirational idea for each post! It is so much fun!
Click here if you want to sign up for our next Mommy Style Monday! 

Make sure to check out these other mommy bloggers for their Fourth of July outfit inspiration!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Kelsi at Lovestrong
Monica at It's All About

SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love that peplum. LOFT always wins... especially with rocking discounts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm obsessed with peplums and loft! The best!

      Delete
  2. I love the Loft so much! And that bow is darling.

    ReplyDelete