Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Pink Drink: Protein Style

I have been DYING to try the Starbucks Pink Drink. I actually was on my way to get one but couldn't remember if I read to try it with almond milk or coconut milk and then I read that it has some tea and coffee in it. For religious reasons I do not drink tea or coffee so I was bummed that I couldn't try it. 
So... I decided to make my own version of it! And it's a protein version of it! I didn't try the Starbucks Pink Drink so I don't know how it tastes in comparison but I will tell you that my version of it is pretty AMAZING! If acai juice wasn't so darn expensive I would be making this protein drink every day after my workouts!


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup of 100% acai juice
1 handful of strawberries
a few ice cubes
1 scoop of strawberry protein

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a magic bullet or blender mix coconut milk, acai juice, a few strawberries, and a few ice cubes.
2. Once mixed pour in a cup and mix in protein with a spoon. (When I put protein in the blender it tends to get super foamy so I always mix with a spoon or in my blender bottle).
3. Top off with some ice cubes and strawberries (I actually used frozen strawberries, not pictured)!

And that's it! Super easy and so good.
My husband actually hates the strawberry flavored protein but he really liked this drink! That HAS to mean it was good, right?
Now someone tell me how I can get acai juice for cheaper... Is that even possible? It was $3 for this tiny bottle and that was on sale! So yeah, I won't be making this every day.




Thanks for reading! If you happen to try this recipe out let me know how you liked it!

xo,
Kiana

No comments:

Post a Comment