Friday, June 3, 2016

Healthy Treats feat. Chelsea from Tessa Marie

Today my friend Chelsea and I have switched blogs! We are sharing with you some yummy, healthy recipes
HERE SHE IS!

Hey Glitter & Donut readers! Happy Friday! I am Chelsea, and I blog at Tessa Marie.
I am a mom to two beautiful babies, Ameila (2) and Calum (4 months). My husband and I have been married almost 5 years, and couldn't be happier! I am 24 years old and a stay at home mom who loves writing, blogging, and being with my family. I am super excited to be doing this guest post with Kiana today. We both love eating healthy but we also both really love donuts. And sweets in general, honestly! Kiana and I have been best friends since high school, and we actually used to work at Mrs. Fields together as teenagers! We ate a few cookies back then... maybe more... ha! But these days, we are more conscious of what we put into our bodies. With a young toddler at home, we really try to have the best food options in the house at all times. Sometimes that means making it myself, which I really do enjoy doing but I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen all day! I would much rather be with my kids and my husband, or doing something I am more passionate about than cooking. That's why Kiana and I had the idea to guest post about our favorite healthy, sweet treats to make for our families. I have so many that I like to make and I could not decide! I make different treats at different times of the year. In summer, I really love to make fruity treats. Amelia LOVES fruit snacks, and thankfully there are decent store bought options. But when I found this homemade recipe that is just SOOOO easy and fast, I couldn't not try them out. They aren't exactly my personal favorite healthy treat to eat (I love chocolate too much) but they are my favorite to make because they are her favorite, and they are super fast and simple! I also chose to share these because at the moment we are doing extreme minimal sugar, and the only sugar I am having is in the premade almond milk cold brew I drink once a day, so I wanted to share something super easy, super kid friendly, easily personalized, and crazy easy to make! THIS is exactly those things, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups organic frozen berries (I use a bag from Costco with organic pomegranate, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and raspberries.)
2/3 cup water (or fresh citrus juice to help preserve, we like it better with water and go through them so fast we don't need lemon or orange!)
4 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
about 2 teaspoons raw honey
optional: elderberry syrup, kombucha, or probiotic powder. These things can make this recipe into something super healthy to fight or prevent illness, or to use as a daily probiotic/multivitamin that you and your kids will love to take!
  1. Add the water, fruit, and honey to a pan on high heat, until the fruit has melted into a compote. This will take about 5 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to get a really smooth liquid texture.
  3. Add the gelatin, very slowly while stirring to avoid any clumps.
  4. Pour into two small pans (or any size, I prefer these smaller ones personally. I find it easier to keep it all the same level and thickness!) and refrigerate 1 hour!
  5. Slice into cubes and enjoy!








Seriously, so easy and simple! I did add a little elderberry syrup I ha made to this batch to prevent any illnesses and also to help with allergies. They are so yummy and such a good texture, we love eating them. You can also use some cute silicone molds, but I just use the pans for now! I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and will try it out yourself too! I would love to know what modifications you make and how your family like them! Thanks so much for having me, and have a wonderful weekend. xo Tessa
For more, follow me on Instagram @tessamariebates

Thanks Chelsea! 
Head on over to TessaMarie to see the delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars that I made! You won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment