Sunday, June 5, 2016

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

I guest blogged on my best friend's blog on Friday and shared this yummy recipe. But I also wanted to share it on my blog too! It is a delicious, guilt-free, recipe.

I have recently changed my eating habits and have noticed a big change in how I feel. I am sure we all feel a lot better when we eat healthier. Not only do I feel guilty when I eat unhealthy, but I feel terrible too! I am a dessert lover and still crave sweets. I have started using all natural ingredients when making desserts and that helps me not feel as guilty. I also believe that peanut butter is the greatest invention ever and the peanut butter and chocolate is the best combination EVER!

The recipe I am sharing with you today is actually a vegan recipe. No, I do not live a vegan lifestyle but it's nice to know that this recipe uses all natural ingredients!


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup oat flour (oatmeal pulsed in a food processor for a few seconds)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
splash of vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar substitute*
1/2 cup diary free dark chocolate chips + 1/3 cup for drizzle

*The original recipe called for coconut sugar, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I may have to order it from Amazon because that would make it a little more guilt-free! Has anyone ever tried coconut sugar? I really want to try it!

DIRECTIONS: 
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
3. Combine oatmeal, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and almond milk together.
4. In a separate bowl add the maple syrup and peanut butter together.
5. Add to dry ingredients and add sugar.
6. Mix well until everything is combined.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Press into 8x8 baking dish.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Let the bars cool for 20-30 minutes.
11. Melt chocolate chips in microwave.
12. Spread chocolate across the bars in the baking dish.
13. Cut and enjoy!












This recipe is so delicious! I could have seriously eaten the entire dish in one sitting! I liked it better when it was warm as opposed to the next day when it was completely cooled. But still so delicious either way!
If you try out this recipe let me know how you like it! It's super easy and is seriously one of my new favorites!

Recipe adapted from Rach Mansfield

Thanks for reading!
xo,
Kiana

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. You can find coconut sugar at Smiths, Maceys abd Walmart! It's usually around $5 a pound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I found it! I was looking in the health section. But it was down the regular sugar isle!

      Delete