Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

Sunday was my first Mother's Day as a mom. 
Last Mother's Day I was pregnant with little Bo.

What does motherhood mean to me? It means always being tired, having sore checks from constantly trying to make my son smile and laugh, always smelling like spit up, feeling so overwhelmed by the love you have, having your heart explode every time your babe smiles/laughs at you. Motherhood is an AMAZING miracle that I am so fortunate to be a part of.

I have thought a lot about how much my life has changed over the past 5 months and how I am loving every second of it. Being a mom really is the best job ever.

I have been reflecting on this quote by Elder Holland a lot recently:
"To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle--and all will-- I say Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. YOU ARE DOING BETTER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE."

It is really hard for me to go to work and leave little Bo at the sitters house. But I know that right now I am doing what is best for our family. It's hard not to compare your life with others, it's hard not to compare your baby's milestones to others. I just have to remember that every baby is different, every situation is different.
Because I am a working mom I really cherish every moment with my son. I take in every single moment with him and I never take one second with him for granted. I don't worry about the dishes in the sink or the load of laundry that needs to be folded. I just play with him and love every second that I have with him. I love it when he looks at me and stares me in the eyes as if to say that I am the most important thing to him and that he loves me. He cannot express his feelings vocally but those looks just mean the world to me.

Motherhood is a hard job. But you guys, I wouldn't change it for anything. I have learned so much and have reached limits of exhaustion that I didn't know existed. Seriously, so tired that I felt like throwing up. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time. But it's worth it! It is so worth it. The feeling you get every time they smile at you. The joy you feel the first time they laugh (I seriously cried). When they reach a new milestone. Every single moment. JUST TAKE IT ALL IN. Everyone told me to cherish every second because they grow up so fast. Boston is only 5 months old and I find myself already missing my newborn!
I never knew that my heart could love something so much and from the moment I first met him. I knew I loved him when I was pregnant but the moment I first laid eyes on him after he was born, that feeling is the most indescribable feeling ever. My heart seriously exploded. And then looking at Braden and seeing his huge smile and the tears in his eyes, my heart exploded just a little bit more.
The messy house, the lack of sleep, the spit up stained clothes, it's worth it.
It's all worth it.





Mom life IS the best life.


No comments:

Post a Comment