Monday, May 9, 2016

Mommy Style Monday feat. Madeline from Casey Land

Today my friend Madeline and I have switched blogs! We are showing you some mommy style that I think you'll really like!
HERE SHE IS!


Hey there, Glitter & Donuts fans! My name is Madeline, and I blog at CaseyLand. Kiana and I have been friends for a while, and I just love reading her blog! We actually have a lot in common. We both have baby boys around the same age, our husbands have been friends since high school, and we're both teachers who love fashion, makeup, family, working out (her a lot, me only sometimes ;) ), and documenting what we love on our blogs. 

Last August I moved all the way from Utah to Indiana so my husband could pursue his PhD. This also happened to be the month before I had my baby, so I moved across the country, quit teaching to be a stay at home mom - oh, and also we bought a little house! So, basically, my whole life changed. 

I knew that moving to Indiana would be a difficult transition in a lot of ways. I didn't know anyone out here, so I'd be navigating motherhood, marriage, and life in general away from my support system. I'm all for change - bring it on! But this was a lot at once. I knew that my blog would be a great way to document this crazy time of life, and I wanted it to be a space where I could share my feelings about all the changes, but also document all the things I love about my new life so when things get hard I could read what I had written and remember how blessed I am. 

Feel free to stop by and stay a while, maybe even say hi! I love to meet new people, and I love finding new blogs to read.

Anyway, I am super excited to be guest posting for Kiana! Since we're in the same stage of life - read: nursing, sleep deprived, and extremely busy - we decided we wanted to post our version of mom-friendly fashion. I went for a comfy dress. I was so excited about this dress because it's a t-shirt dress and I'm obsessed with that style, BUT it's also nursing friendly! All the cute t-shirt dresses I see around are not stretchy enough to make nursing happen, so I was thrilled to find this one. And you guys, it's on SALE!! It's got sleeves, it's to the knees, and it's stretchy. Win-Win-Win if you ask me. I'll take three. (And maybe I actually did...). 

We're thinking it would be really fun to start a series called "Mommy Style Monday". If any of you out there want to join in for next time we'd love to have you! Email me @ psmynameismadeline@gmail.com






Jacket: Nordstrom (very old!!)  Dress: Cotton On (on sale!)  Shoes: Converse Lipstick: Urban Decay (on sale!!)
Remember to email either Kiana or myself if you'd like to join Mommy Style Monday! My email is psmynameismadeline@gmail.com.

Thanks so much for letting me take over Glitter & Donuts! I'd love to see you all around. Visit my blog CaseyLand to see Kiana's look and learn more about me, or look me up on Instagram @madelinecasey_, and for the really fun stuff, I'm on Snapchat @madcasey. See you there!

Thanks Madeline! Head on over to CaseyLand to see my Mommy Style Monday look!

No comments:

Post a Comment