Monday, May 16, 2016

Meal Prepping with Skinny Box






You've heard that living a healthy life is done 80% in the kitchen and 20% exercise, right?
Skinny Box is a great way to help you with your meal prepping and proper portion controls.
What I love about these containers is that it gives you "an easy-to-use guide explaining what food to put in each color-coded container". I don't have to measure anything out because their containers are already designed to do that for you and make meal prepping easy!
The idea is that for every meal you choose three containers but one of them always has to be a protein. Today I am showing you two different meals I had this week using these containers.

This day I chose the protein, vegetable, and carbohydrate containers.
Chicken, brown rice with black beans and tomatoes, and broccoli.

This day I chose the protein, fruit, and diary containers.
Chicken, strawberries, and plain greek yogurt with honey mixed in.


I have to say, these containers have made my life so much easier! I just cut and fill the container until it's full, knowing that I am getting the right serving size and not over or under eating. The hardest part about losing weight or being healthy is watching what you eat. I did think that they were a little small and was worried that I wouldn't get full but I was! I mean I know protein fills you up but some of the containers just seemed small! That just proves that I didn't know how big portions were before Skinny Box!
I love these containers and even Braden wants a set. I love that they aren't super expensive and you order them through Amazon, so if you have Amazon Prime order them today and you'll get them in TWO DAYS! You can meal prep and be all ready for next week.

They also have a lifetime guarantee, dishwasher and microwave safe, leak proof lids. It also comes with a BMI measuring tape so that you can measure your progress along the way. With your purchase you also get a 7 day weight loss menu from a registered dietitian! Just tell them what your goal is and they will create a meal plan for you around that.
I am really impressed with this set and will be buying another one for Braden.

Follow them on instagram @myskinnybox for some good recipe ideas too!

I was given this product for testing purposes and all opinions are my own.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment