Friday, April 1, 2016

Banana Energy Bites

I buy bananas every time I go to the grocery store. And if we're lucky we eat half of them before they're overripe. Also, if I remember before it's too late I will hurry and freeze them but more often that not I usually end up throwing them away.
This week before they got too overripe I decided to look up some healthy banana recipes on pinterest and a recipe for Banana Oat Energy Bites came up! You know I LOVED the energy bites I made a few weeks ago.

I actually combined the last one I made (here) and the new recipe I found!
The other recipe had some good ingredients for us breastfeeding mamas so I made sure to include those in these as well.

INGREDIENTS:
2 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup ground flax seed
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Stir all ingredients together in medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2. Roll into balls (any size)
3. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
4. Store in air tight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.




These recipes are seriously so easy! They take like 5 minutes to make. I liked the last recipe better but Braden likes this one more! So I guess you're going to have to make them both and then taste test them. I am going to find more recipes online because I seriously think they are so fun.

Oh and I found this Adidas shirt on Pinterest from Urban Outfitters (my new favorite store) and impulse bought it. I don't regret it one bit.
You can't really tell in the picture, but it's ROSE GOLD and it's amazing.


Thanks for reading and happy Friday! Which may be a good thing for you, but it means my Spring Break is over :( and I have to go back to work again next week.
8 more weeks until summer.
8 more weeks.
That will go by fast... right?
I can't wait to be home with my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment