Friday, March 4, 2016

Energy Bitez

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup dry oatmeal*
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder**
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup candied pecans***

*I only had 2/3 cup of dry oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats), so I mixed in 1/3 cup steel cut oats.
**I thought I had cocoa powder, I guess I don't. So I used chocolate malt. Bonus: malt is good for breastfeeding!
***A lot of recipes I have seen call for coconut flakes, chocolate chips, raisins,... I didn't want another super sweet thing like chocolate in mine so I candied some pecans. Not too sweet and I figured that candy-ing pecans was healthier than chocolate chips.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Stir all ingredients together in medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
2. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least a half hour.
3. Once chilled, roll into balls (any size).
4. Store in air tight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.


I think I ate half of the batter before getting it into the fridge!
The best part is, Braden likes these too!
It's a quick, easy, healthy treat.



I'm in love with my new shoes. So I had to post a picture, right?
shoes - new balance


No comments:

Post a Comment