Thursday, February 25, 2016

Challenge Yourself

I'm one of those people who wishes she was super active, way into exercise, and into clean eating. But let's be honest, I LOVE my donuts and I love sitting on the couch watching Netflix.
The most active I have ever been was two years ago when I ran my half marathon. Or was that three years ago... Anyway, it was a long time ago. I was running 5-10 miles 5 times a week, drinking protein drinks, chugging water, and doing my best to eat healthy.
Well I got pregnant, gained weight (obviously), gave birth to the most perfect little boy in the world, and now I want to get fit. I bought a Fitbit and I'm addicted to it. The first day I wore it I realized how little I actually move! I just lay on the couch and watch Netflix or nap. Then I feed Boston and play with him. I really don't move that much. I started Kayla Itsiness pre-training guide and bought a stair stepper and that has kept me motivated.
I got on pinterest and looked up healthy dinners, lunches, and snacks. I'm trying to drink 64 ounces of water a day (daily minimum recommendation if you're breastfeeding). I'm trying to limit my sugar intake and eat more healthy.
Here is a daily look into my trying-to-be-healthy life.

Breakfast
I drink a class of chocolate malt ovaltine and oatmeal with a few scoops of flax seed stirred in. Malt, oatmeal, and flax seed are all supposed to be good for us breastfeeding mamas.

I try to exercise in the morning, but lately I haven't gotten to it until the evenings. Boston and I have run a lot of errands this week during is long nap. But after I workout I drink a protein drink.

Around 10:30 or 11:00 I have my morning snack.
Wheat Thins and Babybel cheese. I recently bought "Good Thins" rice crackers and I love them.
Best part of this snack, Braden likes it too! I bought the cheese just to try it. But now we both love it and it will always have to be in our fridge now.

For lunch I eat a chicken salad sandwich (one bun), or I eat salad and put some chicken in it. I also have a side of pearsauce. Like applesauce but better. My mom canned this herself, I actually haven't seen it in stores :( but if you ever see it tell me where because I LOVE IT!

Around 1:30 or 2:30 I have a little protein/dried fruit snack.

When Braden gets home from work we try to have a healthy snack. We love fruits and vegetables but for some reason it's hard to eat them! So we bought a vegetable tray because that is super easy to get ready. I also made this fun vegetable side. Zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato.


We seriously ate this whole thing within minutes. It was soooo good.
I realize that the cheese makes it a little less healthy but that's okay, it was amazing.

For dinner I try to have some kind of meat and a vegetable. I try to eat less carbs. I don't cut them out, I just try to eat less.
Here are two of my favorite recipes.

I am in no way an expert. FAR FROM IT. But I feel like blogging about it makes me more excited about it and more accountable.

I'll post my a daily look into my "trying-to-be-active" life soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment