Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Boston's Birth Story

On Friday December 11 I went to work. I was having contractions off and on all day, which meant I was sitting down most of the day. I felt lazy but I was so uncomfortable.  The second I got home I laid on the couch and took a nap. When I woke up the contractions were gone. Braden and I had dinner, I suggested that we hurry and clean the house for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes I decided to pack the hospital bag so we'd be ready for baby's arrival, then we watched a movie and went to bed.

Just before 1:00am I woke up with a SUPER sharp pain on my left side. It didn't feel like a contraction, it felt like I had been stabbed! I told Braden and started bawling! It hurt sooo much! Braden called the hospital to see what we should do. They said that if it goes away that we could just stay home, but if it doesn't then we should go in. I didn't want to go in and have them send me back home, I wanted to make sure I was in labor but since this didn't feel like a regular contraction I wanted to wait a minute and see if it would go away. Braden helped me get dressed and then the pain started going away. We got back in bed and fell asleep. Well Braden did, I don't think I ever really did.
At around 2:30am I felt a sudden pool of water and I knew I didn't just pee. I reached down to feel how much and it was A LOT. So I woke Braden up. "My water just broke." "Really?!" I got on a new outfit and off we went. We got to the hospital around 3:00am and they checked to make sure my water had broken and it had. We were having this baby!

I was only dilated to a 2 so we just hung out and the nurses checked on me every 30-60 minutes. After about three hours I was still only at a 2. They gave me pitocin to help speed things along. The contractions were getting worse but I wanted to go as long as I could without an epidural. They told me they could give me some medicine to help with the pain if I didn't want the epidural quite yet so I did that. The doses only lasted about 45 minutes, I got two doses and then asked for the epidural. I got the epidural around 7:45. Well, the epidural only worked from the waist down, I was still feeling the contractions!!! Well, half of my body was feeling them. If I was laying on my right side, my right side was numb. If I was laying on my left side, my left side was numb. And the contractions were HURTING!!! My body quickly progressed and then I started throwing up. I told Braden "I'm think I'm going to throw up, will you grab me a garbage? I'm going to throw up!" He handed me a garbage can just in time. The nurse must have heard me throwing up so she came in, took the garbage can away and handed me the smallest bag to throw up in. Then I threw up two more times.  I was dilated to a 7 by 9:00am and dilated to a 9 around 9:30. Braden was so great. I was in so much pain and so uncomfortable and he just stood by my side the entire time. 
I was starting to feel a lot of pressure so Braden got the nurse and I was dilated to a 10, just after 10:00! The nurse said that she'd like me to stay at a 10 for about an hour so that pushing would be a little easier. 
She came back around 11:15 to check on me and she could see baby's head! She told me I'd push for a little with her then she'd get the doctor. So I pushed through the first contraction and she told me I had to stop pushing and she'd grab the doctor because he was coming out! I had a few contractions while we were waiting for the doctor and I wanted to push so badly! But I didn't. The doctor came and I pushed 5 more times (2 contractions) and he was out!

Boston was born on Saturday December 12, 2015.
He has changed our whole world. We are so in love with him.

Our first picture as a family of three!



 Going home outfit.

We think he is Braden's little twin.


2 comments:

  1. I love birth stories! I am so happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braden and Kiana congratulations on the birth of Boston. He was a God send to our family.
    Your family is adorable...

    ReplyDelete