Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What Stupid People Say to Pregnant People & 25 Week Update

Two things:
1. My doctor QUIT! Yeah. Weird, right? I had an appointment set up for September 4th (my birthday) and they called me two days before saying I had to reschedule with another doctor because she quit. I asked why and they were like "I don't know, I just schedule the appointments". I liked my doctor but the clinic was weird. 3 of my 4 appointments had to be rescheduled and everyone I know had a 3-D ultrasound at 20 weeks and we didn't :( And we probably won't get that... Good thing is, I switched doctors and it's at a clinic that everyone I talked to recommended so I'm really excited. I looked at pictures of the clinic online and it looks so nice and relaxing! My first appointment at the new clinic is on Thursday so I'm excited for that.
2. Since when is it okay to call a pregnant person HUGE?! Seriously. I am sooooo mad right now. I need to find a sub to take over my class when I take maternity leave and someone said to me today "I was wondering if you were going to need a sub because, no offense, you are HUGE!". Thanks, thanks a lot. That makes me feel good. I'm already super self-conscious about myself and you telling me I'm huge doesn't make me feel any better. Thank you. How do you think it's okay to tell a pregnant person that? Seriously. I'm 25 weeks, I know I look pregnant, but I don't even consider myself "huge" and I'm hardest on myself. So thanks for making me cry. 

Anyway, on with the update

How far along: 25 weeks

How big is the baby: Baby P is now the size of cauliflower! He's 13-14 inches long!

Gender: Boy :)

Sleep: So good. I wake up a lot during the night, but that's kind of normal for me.

Cravings: CHOCOLATE MILK!!! YUMMMM.

Exercise: I count being a teacher my exercise right now. I wear my pedometer to work and walk 7,500 steps just at work! Then by the time I go to bed I have reached my 10,000.

Maternity Clothes: I can still wear all of my shirts. I do have some maternity pants. Or I wear my regular pants and use one of those maternity bands to hold them up.

Movement: This baby is wiggling around ALL THE TIME! He especially likes to be awake at late hours in the night. But it's so fun. Braden and I will just sit on the couch and watch my belly move.

What I'm looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment. IN TWO DAYS!

Best moment this week: I just love feeling him move. That's always so fun.

Feeling: Teaching is getting harder and harder, being on my feet all day. I feel fine while I'm working, but the second I get home and sit down by back just starts to HURT!

Here is a picture taken at 23 weeks, I don't have anything more recent. And now that people are calling me "huge", I have a feeling that bump pictures are going to happen less and less.

2 comments:

  1. You look Darling... Please keep posting the bump! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! So smart to keep track of cravings, movements, sleep etc I wish I would have done that! You should include all those in a baby book :) with your ADORABLE (not even slightly huge) pictures. All I can say is, don't worry you are not alone, I got that too. (My most common was "you look SUPER pregnant!") Haha :)

    ReplyDelete