Monday, September 21, 2015

Project Life: The Biggest Project of My Life!

Yesterday I posted a picture on Instagram talking about this huge project I have been working on for the last 5 weeks.  When Braden and I were in Canada my sister in-law introduced me to this easy way to scrapbook called "Project Life".  She showed me one of her albums, told me where to buy things, what to buy, and how you do it.
Two summers ago I printed off ALL of the pictures Braden and I had taken and I bought just a regular photo album. So before I started with Project Life I told myself I had to finish putting all of those pictures into the album. Then I would start Project Life with pictures from now.  So I put in and labeled all of those pictures. That took me about two days, a few hours each day. It was motivation for me to start with Project Life :)




I finished that and decided to reward myself to a trip to Michaels to start Project Life. I decided I would start a new album with pictures starting in March (when we found out we were pregnant) and catch up to now! So I went back... again... and printed out more pictures! Then I went to Michaels, and Hobby Lobby, and Joann. Multiple times a week. When you have a 50% off coupon that you can use as many times as you want in a 1 week window, you take advantage of it! I was checking their weekly deals every Sunday to see if their Project Life things were on sale! So far Hobby Lobby has never had a sale on them. Michaels has a 40% off all Project Life things about every 2 or 3 weeks. And Joann has only had one sale so far and it was 40% off too. So if you have a 50% off coupon that's the best deal. Then go back several times a week :)

I have three Project Life albums.

The gold one is the album starting at the first letter I wrote to Braden while he was on his mission. It goes into how we met, our dating life, us falling in love, and all the way to us getting married. This is the only one that is 100% completed. It took me 5 weeks! And sooooo much time and late nights on the weekends. But I can't tell you how good it feels to have it done! I am so excited to show this to our future children. Luckily I blogged about our story a year or two ago when things were fresher in my memory. I also kept a journal and all of the letters and notes that Braden and I wrote to each other. I am so proud of this project. If there is ever a fire in our house this is the one thing I am grabbing.
The black and white album is an album for Braden and I. So far it has our pregnancy story, in pictures (I haven't added all of the writing to that yet, but that's what I'm going to start working on). The blue album is for Baby Boy. Right now it has pictures of our pregnancy story (again, no journaling in this one yet), and when baby boy gets here I will continue documenting his life :)

Anyway. I have had a lot of people ask me questions since yesterday and I have answered their questions but I figured that a blog post might be best to answer more specific questions without sending a million pictures.
But Project Life is basically scrapbooking made easy. First you need an album, then "photo pocket pages" to put all of your pictures in. Then Project Life sells themed "kits", they have all sorts of cards that are 4x6 and 3x4 to fit into your photo pocket pages. They are already cut out, all you have to do is slip them in. You don't have to worry about cutting papers and glueing in pictures, finding cute stickers, etc. It's all done for you! You can buy pictures and cut our your own paper if you want to. That way you can add your own little touch. I did here and there, but mostly, I just bought the kits.

So here is a little glimpse at the album I just finished last night :)

 The first pictures I ever saw of Braden.

The first pictures of us together and pictures of us falling in love.
Project Life sells "kits". The kit I used for this album is called "Southern Weddings". It comes with all of these cards already cut out so you just slide them in and you're done! Some of little moments that you can journal about. Like on this page it has our first date, first kiss, and first time we said "I love you".

More pictures of us dating and falling in love.


All of the letters we wrote each other while on his mission and letters we wrote to each other while dating.

 Pictures of me wedding dress shopping and pictures of when we were designing my ring.


Our engagement day!


Engagement pictures.




Our wedding day!





 As you may have noticed, some pages have little tabs. On this picture there is a tab on the top right that says "reception". When you pull it out there will be a journaling card that I wrote that talks about that night.

Up close picture of the tab.

The tab pulled out with the journaling card. Typically you just write on the journaling card but I didn't want to take the time! So I printed it out and glued it on!

Our first dance. The "Southern Weddings" kit came with a card to write the title of your first dance, the artist, how you felt...

I wrote down the chorus to the song we danced to.

Anyway, this isn't every page but I figured this would give you a pretty good idea of what it looks like and how it works.  Basically, just go to Hobby Lobby, Joann, and Michaels, look for the Project Life section, or ask some one where it is (it was hard for me to find the first time when I didn't know what I was looking for), and just explore! It is so fun! Make sure you take in your 50% off coupons! Look online and download the apps so you can get their best coupons. Give Michaels your e-mail address EVERY TIME they ask you for it when you check out. I get a 40% or 50% off coupon that prints out with my receipt. And they claim that you get better deals in your email but I haven't gotten any yet, so I'm not sure how true that is.
 I bought a lot of extra tools and such to personalize mine a little more. So if you ever want to come over and do some scrapbooking with me you are more than welcome to! And you can use my tab maker, my date stamper, my 3x4 card punch, and well, a lot of other things. I went a little overboard haha. But it's so fun!

As I mentioned before, I blogged about our WHOLE story a year or two ago so it was pretty easy for me to go back, read it, copy everything down on a journaling card and put it in my book. If you are interested in reading our story here are a few links :)








No comments:

Post a Comment