Thursday, July 9, 2015

Week 16 Update



How far along: 16 weeks

How big is the baby: Baby P is now the size of an avocado!

Gender: We find out in 4 weeks! I have always thought that we would have a boy first and Braden has always thought that we would have a girl. One of us has to be right. I hate calling our baby an "it" so what I have been doing is I will call baby a she for a week and then baby is a he the next week haha. Saying she feels more natural so I'm wondering if baby will be a girl...

Sleep: Sleep is good. I wake up every morning having to pee really bad and then I'm wide awake. I can't sleep past 7:00 but that's normal for me so oh well. Just this past week I woke up at 5:45 and baby was HUNGRY! So I had to get up and eat, then of course I couldn't fall back asleep.  But I take a nap or two everyday and I love it.

Cravings: MILK! I LOVE MILK! haha. It isn't as big of a craving as it was when it started but I love it.

Exercise: I didn't exercise much during my first trimester. I was just so nauseated and tired that I couldn't get myself to do anything. My sister gave me some workout videos that she used during her pregnancies so I have started doing some of those. I also try to go on walks.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. But I have reached the point where if I button up my pants I end up unbuttoning them part way through the day because they are just too uncomfortable. So I've started doing the rubber band trick to make my pants a little more comfortable.

Movement: You know, a lot of people ask me that. So I try REALLY hard to pay attention to little baby and I think I have felt baby move. Just like two times. One of which was during 4th of July fireworks. I'm still not sure if it was baby moving or me just imagining it. But I'm going to say that it was real.

What I'm looking forward to: I can't wait for me to actually look like I have a baby bump! Instead of just looking chubby. And I also can't wait to feel baby kick.

Best moment this week: I don't know what my best moment this week would be. Feeling baby (if that's what it really was). I love being pregnant. It's so fun. Braden is going to be the best dad ever.

Feeling: I am feeling great, most days. Some days I wake up in the morning feeling awful. But luckily it doesn't last too long. Then I still have that hour or two at night where I am super nauseated. Hopefully that will go away soon. But overall I am feeling much better than I did in the first trimester. Braden and I already love this baby so dang much! We can't wait to meet him/her!

No comments:

Post a Comment