Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Work and Working Out

Long time no blog, so it must mean it's time for a blog post, right? I think that's how it works. One blog post every month or two?
Anyway, for those of you who haven't heard, I got offered a teaching position at the same school I am at for 2nd grade.  When talking to the principal before my interview I knew that I would either get a position in 5th grade again or 3rd grade.  I would have loved to stay in 5th but I also wanted 3rd grade because the teachers are AMAZING! and I would have learned so much from them! and I REALLLLLLY didn't want 2nd grade.
Well, things happened and he had to switch a few teachers around which meant I got 2nd grade. A job is a job. So I was happy. But sad that I wasn't going to be in 3rd grade. Well, turns out that 3rd grade is a collapsable position. Right now there are three 3rd grade teachers but they usually only have two. So, if the class sizes are smaller in two years, then I would just have to move grades again.
Anyway, now I'm actually really excited to be in 2nd grade. My future classroom is so big, and has like it's own office. It's really cool. And the teacher I am replacing is retiring and she is so nice and leaving me a bunch of her stuff! I was also offered a permanent position so as long as we live in Logan (which will be a while) I have a job!

Here is a picture of me in the school bathroom showing off my cute Betsey Johnson briefcase that I found at ROSS! One of my favorite finds.


So now to the main reason why I started this blog post. The teachers in my district get a free pass to the rec center.  They have the best classes! I am seriously addicted. I never thought I could be addicted to exercising but I am! And I love it!
If you're a teacher in the valley, GO GET A PASS! If you're not a teacher but you live in the valley, GO GET A PASS! Seriously, it is so much fun! I usually go to the 5:30 or 6:30 classes.  Turbo Kick sport and Power Toning are my favorites though.
Exercising also makes me want to start eating healthier. Those of you who know me know that I have a HUGE sweet tooth. If I could eat candy for every meal, every day I totally would and I wouldn't even feel bad about it. But I don't want cavities, I feel better when I eat healthy, and I have more energy when I eat healthy.
So I am trying to go cold turkey pretty much and quit sugar (at least for a little, until I no longer crave it). I read that the healthiest way to get that sweet tooth in your diet is to eat a piece of dark chocolate (yuck!) after meals.  I have been doing this for the past two days and it's been working. Although, I am getting serious cravings for sugar.  Today Braden convinced me to buy an $11 bag of dark chocolate covered pomegranate. So I will start that up tomorrow. I'll take a small bag to school and eat a few pieces after lunch (hopefully), and then eat some after dinner! Luckily I pretty much quit soda at the very beginning of the year, so that's gotten a lot easier. I have a drink every now and then, mostly on weekends. Now I am trying to drink half my weight in ounces of water. And that is hard.
Anyway, maybe I'll keep you updated on how this is going, maybe I won't because I suck at blogging. But there you have it!

Also, any of you second grade teachers out here want to give me some advice? What do you love about the age group, what should I prepare for?
And if any of you teachers have good, fast, easy, healthy lunch recipes you want to share with me that would be great! I have been eating string cheese and wheat thins and I am kind of getting sick of it...

xoxo, Kiana


No comments:

Post a Comment