Monday, November 3, 2014

DIY Clipboard

After this post I went out and bought all of the materials to make a cute new clipboard! And why not make a little DIY post about it?
It is a really easy craft that you can do in just one afternoon!
First things first.
Supplies:
-Clipboard
-Cute scrapbook paper
-Mod Podge
-Gold Glitter
-Paint (optional)
-Paint Brush
-Scissors
-Pencil


I had a REALLY hard time deciding on a cute paper to use! They were 4 for $1 at Michaels.  So instead of narrowing it down to one at the store and taking forever I just bought them all and made the decision later.

The paper wasn't long enough to cover the whole board so I decided to paint the top part of it.
I put a pencil between the board and the clip to lift it up and make it easier to paint.

Next, brush some mod podge on the clip. 

Now pour some glitter, lots and lots of glitter, over the mod podge-d clip.
Wait for it to dry completely! 10 minutes or so.
Then shake off all of the excess glitter.

Brush some mod podge over the glitter to keep it from falling off.
This takes a while to dry, an hour or so.
I did two layers just to be safe.


Now it's time to choose a cute paper!
Trace the clipboard onto the back of the paper.

Cut around your tracing.
(I had finally decided on a paper. I love it.)


Coat the back of the paper in mod podge and line it up with the clip board and press it on.

I put a pencil between the clip and the board again because I didn't want there to be a line from the clip in the paper.
Then let it dry for a few minutes.


I had no idea how I was going to paint the mod podge UNDER the clip and not have it glue the clip to the paper.
So I got some string and tied the clip so it would stay open.


With it being tied open it made it really easy to be able to brush the mod podge underneath the clip.
Just to be sure, I let it dry over night, keeping the clip tied open.
Don't worry about any air bubbles.  As you can see in the picture above I had a few.  But once it dries you won't have any!

The finished product!

Now you have a super cute clip board to take with you!

I officially have my first SCHOOL/TEACHER meeting this morning!
My summer is officially over.
I am so sad, but I am now one step closer to GRADUATING!!!


2 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love it! I hope you are going to take it to school with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan on taking it with me :)

      Delete