Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Week 4

The fourth and final week is over!
(I added two days at the end so it would come out to 30 days)
In the past thirty days I have made it a goal to spend at least 15 minutes a day, 4 times a week doing something.  Whether it is a yoga video, going on a short run, doing ab exercises, or having a snowball fight (yes that happened yesterday before all the snow melted). We also bought a juicer and are now getting our daily dose of fruits and vegetables.

Day 22:
Over the past year I became a runner.  I never really enjoyed running.  I ran track in high school but was never a long distance runner, now I am.  Although, I don't have as much time to devote to running with my crazy school schedule as I did this past summer and the semesters before that.  Maybe I will take a break from running until my schedule clears up, and it gets warmer.  So I have started doing other things to keep myself active.  My favorite is yoga.  I took a yoga class a few semesters ago and I loved it.  I pulled out my yoga mat and got back into it, I love it.  I have also been working on some ab exercises as well, those aren't as fun.  But you have to switch up your routine or you will get bored of doing the same thing.

Day 23:
A friend at worked asked me: "So Kiana, do you have any new hobbies?" I said: "YES! JUICING!" And they just laughed at me.  Maybe that is a weird hobby?  But it is so much fun!  I love sitting down and reading the recipe book too.  Some of the recipes ask for garlic, beets, potatoes... I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to try those, but maybe?

Day 24:
Yoga, yet again.  I mean who wants to go running at 7:00 am when it's still dark and freezing outside?  Not this girl.

Day 25:
I hate water.  Okay, I don't hate it, but I definitely don't drink enough of it.  I'd rather drink my vanilla coke!  So I might drink one water bottle a day, maybe half a water bottle a day?  I know, that's bad.  I carry one around every where I go, you'd think I would drink more than that!  I try buying those crystal light packages but those don't work for me either.  Does anyone have any tips on how to make me like water more and drink more of it?

Day 26:
So I went for a short run.  I really miss running.  I just can't get myself to run outside in the cold! I hate it!  And I'll admit, sometimes when I have the time to go running, and I really should, I decide to stay inside and watch an episode of My Fair Wedding before I do homework instead.

Day 27:
I have a hard time not comparing myself to others especially with fitness.  I have been working on my abs for the past month and a half and have seen little/no progress.  I asked my dad and brother (who are fitness enthusiasts) how I can get abs!  They said that usually girls that have abs have less than 12% body fat and having that low of body fat is unhealthy and they will have a hard time having kids, or it's in their genetics to have abs.  I guess I don't have the genetics and I want to be healthy enough to eventually have kids.  So I have been trying to be better at not comparing myself to others and now I compare myself to myself.  

Day 28:
JUICING! Who would have thought that carrots, celery, cucumber, apples, pears, and lemon would make a delicious drink without any sugar added?! Not me. But I assure you, it is!

Day 29(today): 
I have already mentioned plenty of times that I hate running in the dark and in the cold.  And the only time I can really go running is either at 7:00 am or at 9:00pm.  The times during the day where it's the  darkest and the coldest.  Does that mean I am going to have to try and make myself go to the gym?  I don't think I have enough motivation to do that.  I HATE running on treadmills.
Day 30(tomorrow):
Don't give up because you didn't accomplish what you wanted to get done today.  
Make tomorrow a better day and just do it.
Well, the challenge is over.  It was fun and maybe I'll do it again sometime.  Posting about it honestly kept me motivated because I had to show the progress that I was making.
If you have a hard time motivating yourself, start your own 30 day challenge today.  Tell everyone, and post about it, that way you have to do it.

Good luck and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment