Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Recipe for Wednesday: Ramen Noodle Salad

Ramen Noodle Salad.
I don't know if that's really what it's called but that's what I like to call it.
Every year for my birthday dinner I would always ask my mom to make this for me.  It is seriously amazing.  Every time someone new has it they always ask for the recipe.
A few weeks ago Braden and I went to a friends house for dinner and we were in charge of the side, so this is what we made :)

(sorry for the poor quality picture, I forgot to take a picture and so I took a quick one in the car on our way over)

INGREDIENTS:
SALAD:
2 bags coleslaw cabbage
¼ c/ sunflower seeds
¼ c. sesame seeds
2 pkgs. chicken ramen noodles (crunch in package)
1-2 c. cooked, chopped chicken (use popcorn chicken and cut each piece in half)
SAUCE:
2/3 c. oil
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
2 pkgs. dry seasoning from ramen noodles (chicken seasoning)
DIRECTIONS:
1.      Mix together ingredients for salad
2.      Mix together ingredients for sauce
3.      Pour sauce over salad just before serving (so it doesn't get soggy).







No comments:

Post a Comment