Monday, October 21, 2013

30 Day Challenge Update: Week 2

I just completed week two.  I must admit, I didn't work as hard this week.  As I always say, my schedule is crazy.  Some people might think this is just an excuse, but it is not, it is the truth.
This is what week two looked like.
  
Day 8
I totally agree with this.  Every time I think I am too tired and I need to walk, I try to push myself one more block, then another block, and I keep doing that until I make it home.  Then I realize I did my whole run without walking.  My body is capable of doing it, but my mind keeps discouraging me.

Day 9
This fitspiration ties in perfectly with day 8.  If you say you can, you will.  If you say you can't you won't.  It's hard to stay positive and so sometimes I don't push myself as hard as I can.  If I'm tired, I'm tired.  I don't want to push myself and make me even more tired!  But the days that I do I am happier with my workouts.  So, tell yourself that you can, and you will.

Day 10
Last week was my one week break from practicum and so Wednesday morning I had nothing to do.  I took advantage of my time and went on a run.  The mistake I made was running in 28°f without gloves or earmuffs.  Never again.  My fingers were numb and my ears were hurting so bad by the time I made it home.

Day 11
I struggle with this a lot.  I see friends posting their results, their runs with a 7:30 minute mile pace, 1.5 hours spent at the gym, their protein drinks, and their meals packed with protein.  Sometimes I wish I had to money to buy protein bars, drink protein shakes, eat clean every meal, and buy that $200 lululemon jacket.  But I can't.  I don't have the money and I don't have the time to spend 1.5 hours at the gym everyday.  I can't run a consistent 7:30 mile for 6 miles straight.  Then I have to think to myself, why am I competing with others?  I am doing the best that I can.  I am happy with MY results.  I may not have the money to drink a protein drink for every meal and eat clean.  But I am doing the best with what I can do.  I only need to compete with myself.  I only have to be better than I was yesterday. 

Day 12
I run.  And yet I am not one of those people who LOVES running.  Sometimes...most times, it is hard to get me out that door.  I don't want to spend 30 minutes outside running.  It's cold, I'll get tired, I'll get dirty, and I have so many other things I would rather be doing.  But then I force myself outside, regretting every step, I reach the half way point and turn around and make my way back home.  That is when I start to like it.  No matter what, there is no quicker way to get home, so I have to do it.  The faster I run, the sooner I will be home and can do all those other things I would rather be doing.  I get home and I am happy.  No, I don't love running, but I love the feeling afterwards.  And here are some benefits of running.
10 Benefits of Running Infographic by A Health Blog, via Flickr #running #healthy #wellness #exercise

Day 13
A few weeks ago Braden and I went to my parents house and my mom and brother made a drink for all of us with their new juicer.  Just fruits and vegetables.  Doesn't sound like it would be that good.  Surprisingly, it was.  So I had my mom pick one up for us also.  We have only had it for two days but I love it.  It is seriously so much fun!  We have found a new hobby, juicing,

Day 14
Sunday = Rest Day
This 30 day challenge to me is more than exercising and eating healthy, although it is my main focus.  There is so much more to living a healthy life than just exercising and eating healthy.  You need to exercise your mind and your body.  For me exercising makes me happy (once I'm done), but so does having the laundry done, getting the dishes washed, and having a clean house.  I don't always make the time to do these things, so the laundry might sit in the basket for a few days before I fold it.  With this 30 day challenge I am working on more than just my fitness and I health.  I am working on myself.
.

2 weeks down. 2 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment