Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY Shellac Manicure

It's true.  I have found a way to do your own at-home perfect gel manicure.
Shellac is cool stuff but let's get real, who wants to spend $15 on one color of nail polish and then another $100 on the kit. Not me.
All you need to do this is at-home gel manicure is the following: 
any nail polish of your choice, and you're ready!


Now just follow these simple steps.
1. Buff your nails until their are smooth.
2. Apply one layer of Gelous Nail Gel to your nails and wait about 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Apply two layers of the nail polish of your choice, allow a couple of minutes in between to dry a little.
4. Apply another layer of Gelous Nail Gel. 
(Make sure that you are swiping the brush over the ends of your nails, it will prevent chipping and your gel manicure will last even longer!)
5. Finish it off with Out The Door Fast Drying Top Coat (or any top coat of your choice but this one seriously dries your nails in seconds!)
You will need Acetone to take off the nail polish, regular nail polish remover will work it just takes a lot longer where Acetone just wipes it off.

This is the only way I do my nails now! My nails last one to two weeks!
 I have already gone through two bottles of the Gelous Nail Gel, and seriously how many of you have gone through an entire bottle of nail polish?  Well, now you will.  Try it out! I know you won't regret it.







5 comments:

  1. Where can you purchase the Gelous Nail Gel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long does it last?(polish on nails)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me they last about a week before they start chipping. Although, I have noticed that the more I wash dishes and such the shorter time they last. Which is still about 4 or 5 days before they chip!

      Delete
  3. My teeth now feel so soft and clean after I did it twice... I think it helped, too, though I didn't really have bad enough teeth to tell much of a difference. ;)Teeth Whitening Treatments Surrey, Also I have a little black left over but it should go away over night or after a few more brushings! Activated Charcoal can be used for so many things! We have it around for bee stings. It draws the poison right out and prevents a bad allergic reaction. Deep Tissue Massage Surrey

    ReplyDelete