Tuesday, July 30, 2013

THE WEDDING DAY

The day before THE DAY we didn't see each other at all.  We spent our final day as singles with our families.  Which meant that the next time we saw each other we would be getting MARRIED!
I knew I was going to have trouble sleeping that night, so I took a sleeping pill at 8:00 PM and I didn't fall asleep until 2:00 AM.  Which meant that I only got 3 hours of sleep because I had to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready.  I put on my make up, did my hair, got ready, and drove to the temple.
Kneeling across the altar, looking into Braden's eyes, and getting sealed to him for time and all ETERNITY, was the most amazing moment of my life.
After the sealing we walked out and everyone was there to congratulate us.  Afterwards we took pictures, of course.  Then made our way to Lion house for our luncheon at 11:30 AM.  We had salad, chicken cordon blue, and chocolate tuxedo cake for dessert.  We didn't eat much because of all the nerves of the day.  But it was a delicious lunch.














It's so hard to pick just a few of my favorites, so sorry for the picture overload.
















    






Our reception was from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM that evening but us and our families met there at 5:00 PM to take some pictures.  For some reason people decided to start showing up at 5:30 PM.  Our plan was to have the our parents in the line and we would be outside... that didn't happen.  Braden and I stood at the bottom of a stair case to greet people, and our parents were bombarded by family and friends.  We didn't get a break the whole time!  I made sure to have scheduled breaks for us to have our first dance and cut our cake, I have heard stories of the line being so long that the bride and groom didn't have time for their first dance or to cut their cake.  So I made my sister stop the line and announce what was happening so that we would be able to do it.








My beautiful cake that my Mother In-law made!




(first dances are awkward, everyone watching you sway because you really aren't dancing, after a few seconds of this we had my family join in, but at least we got a really nice picture!)


 At exactly 8:00 PM the line stopped, which was perfect because we were ready to go.  I threw my bouquet and we made our way to the hotel.

(my best friend in the whole word caught my bouquet! And got married 364 days later!)




BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your wedding day blog! You were an exquisite and obviously very happy bride. Congratulations again, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete