Thursday, July 25, 2013

The 24th

For the 24th work for both Braden and I was optional, so of course we took the day off!
Now that I'm working in the morning I don't have time to run, unless I wake up at 6:00 AM, which I am not going to do, and I have hard time running in the evening.  So I took advantage of this day off work and started my morning out with a short run.  Then I dyed my hair...at home.  Let me tell you, that was an experience.  I had my hair hanging in the sink and the smell of the dye was burning my nose.  Braden was standing next to me to wipe off all the dye that got in the sink and on the counter so it wouldn't stain it.  After the 25 minutes of wait time, I washed my hair and a lot of hair was being washed down the drain with the dye.  I was so afraid that I left the dye in for too long and that my hair was now falling out!  Immediately after washing out all the dye I googled it.  Turns out that if you leave your hair dye in for too long it doesn't make your hair come out, it just makes the color darker.  So now my hair is just REALLY dark, but I have a full head of hair, so that's good.
After that terrifying experience I caught up on all the laundry and Braden started making lunch.  While the meat and vegetables were marinating, we drove down to a park for a little 24th of July celebration. We walked past the end of a parade and caught a few pieces of taffy.  We walked around the park, which had few booths, and grabbed a slice of pizza because we were SOO hungry.  Then we went home and made our lunch!  I'd say that we had a pretty successful and productive morning.



For dinner we met Braden's family in Ogden at Longhorn Steakhouse and it was so good!



Braden's brother and his family are going back to Canada next week, and his sister and her family are moving to Heber so it was really the last time we would all be together before everyone leaves.
It was nice to get a day off work and school and spend time with family.  Unfortunately, today now feels like a Monday because of it, but at least the weekend will be here tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment