Saturday, June 1, 2013

Running

It's funny to think about how far I have come. I've been starting the training for my half marathon off and on for about 5 months.  When I first started I couldn't even go one mile without getting a side ache and having to walk.  I was super discouraged and I didn't think I would ever be able to do it.  I would tell Braden that I was going to go for a two mile run and then would walk in the door ten minutes later because I was sick of running.  I would run for a week or two and then stop, and that's how it went for like the first four months.  Once summer hit I realized that I had to stop complaining and I had to start being more positive.  I thought it was going to take a while for me to build up the endurance because I did get side aches a lot.  Now I have built up my endurance to 10 miles, and I still have 3 months until the half marathon.  So now I know I can do it, but what I really want to do is work on my speed.  I am still following this schedule that I posted before.
I just finished week 5.  My plan is to follow this schedule and after week ten I probably won't run over 10 miles and will mainly do shorter runs to work on my speed.  I'm hoping to run the half marathon in about 2 hours.
I can honestly say that if I can do it, anyone can.  I have never been a long distance runner.  I would complain about running every day and would find excuses not to do it.  My husband is also a great motivator and supporter.
I enjoy running a lot more than I used to.  Although, I  really only like it in the morning.


This is probably the most true quote that I have found.  If I tell myself I am going to wake up early to run I will do it without thinking twice.  But if I plan on running after work, I have the hardest time.  I think about it all day and about how tired I'm going to be when I get home from work and half the time I don't end up going.  But I'm 3.1 miles away from reaching a half marathon and I just have to improve on my speed and I will be ready!

12 WEEKS

No comments:

Post a Comment