Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our FIRST Anniversary

FYI: This is going to get mushy, and there will be a lot of pictures

This past weekend Braden and I celebrated our first anniversary in Park City.  It was so nice to take a break from school and work and have it just be us for a few days with nothing to worry about.  Here is a little over view of what we did

Saturday May 11
We spent Friday night at my parents house.  My mom kept the top of our wedding cake, so that morning we ate it.  For a one year old cake (kept frozen of course) it was actually really good.  After that we made our way up to Park City.  Our check in was a 4 so we went to eat at Panda Express then walked down Main Street.  Then we checked in and got our stuff all settled into the hotel room. By the way it was the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in.  We stayed at the Westgate Lodge, in a one bedroom luxury suite.  It had a kitchen, dining table, living room, balcony, a shower with a steamer in it, a jacuzzi, and a king size bed.  We had a reservation that evening at the Homestead's Crater.  It is a natural hot spring in Midway.  We drove up there and had 45 minutes to swim around.  Then we ate at at place called "Don Pedro's", seriously the best Mexican food we have ever had.


(Trees with hundreds of shoes)



Sunday May 12
We woke up and had a nice breakfast on our balcony.  After that we went at saw Iron Man 3. We went swimming at our hotel.  We ate dinner that night at "Ruby Tuesday's".





Our last night :(

Monday May 13
Our check out was super early. 10 AM! So we got everything packed up to go.  Once we checked out we went to the outlets and got some cookies and pretzels then shopped around. After that we drove to Salt Lake and ate at "The Old Spaghetti Factory". 


AND MORE PICTURES






 OUR WEDDING CAKE 1 YEAR AGO




OUR WEDDING CAKE ON OUR ANNIVERSARY




I don't know why people say the first year of marriage is the hardest.  It has seriously been the best year of my life.  I live with my best friend in the entire world.  He means everything to me.  He is my better half.  He makes me want to become a better person and is always there for me whenever I need him.  He is there to comfort me, listen to me vent, he supports me in anything and everything.  He makes me laugh, smile, he makes me feel loved.  If the first year really is the hardest, then I am going to have the most amazing eternity ever with this husband of mine.  Marrying him was the best decision of my life.  I honestly can't say what I did to deserve him but I know that every path I crossed led me to him.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again! The main thing I took away from this post is that Braden's nasty toenail hasn't been fixed yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love loooooooove your hair!

    ReplyDelete