Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Recipe for Wednesday: Chicken Enchilada Puffs

So I read a lot of blogs and that is why I decided to start a blog.  I think it is so fun, and such a good way to keep up on what people are doing (other than Facebook stalking of course).  I also love bloggers that do weekly things like hair do's, fashion posts, recipes, motivational posts, etc.  I have decided to try and do a weekly recipe.  It will also encourage me to try new recipes which I know my husband will love.  Although, I am not one that is very good at committing to things.  So I'm warning you now, I probably won't do this every week. But... I'll try.

This week I will introduce you to Chicken Enchilada Puffs.
I made this one of the first weeks of being married and to this day it is Braden's favorite meal that I make.



INGREDIENTS:
1 package jumbo crescent rolls
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
3/4 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheet with foil and spray with no-stick spray
2. Place cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese in small bowl and microwave for about 30-40 seconds, to soften.
3. Add seasoning mix and chicken to cheese mixture and stir until combined.
4. Unroll crescent rolls on prepared pan.
5. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the two short ends of the crescent roll.
6. Pull outer corners of the crescent roll over the chicken mixture, and then pull the long end over, completely enclosing filling.
7. Sprinkle tops of puffs with additional shredded Mexican cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

Also, we think it is delicious with cucumbers as a side.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had some of these ingredients in Sweden.. Or i would totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they did too! It is so good!

    ReplyDelete