Monday, April 1, 2013

0 to 13.1

As some of you may know I am running the Top of Utah Half Marathon on August 24th. Crazy? Yeah.


It's something I have been wanting to do for a while and I knew that if I didn't sign up early, I wouldn't do it.  Honestly, I don't really know why I want to do it so badly, I actually do not enjoy running. In high school I ran track, but I ran sprints.  I ran races that were over in seconds, never a race that lasted hours. Since high school I have ran a few 5ks but I haven't really been an avid runner since high school. I am also a horrible long distance runner.  I guess that's what the four and a half months of training are for right? Once summer starts I will work on this training schedule.  Although, I do have more than 10 weeks so I'll take it a little slower...
I have already started running and I am slowly but surely getting better.  My endurance has improved and I am actually enjoying it more than I used to.  It's just the motivation that is still killing me.  I know time is going to go by fast so that's why I need to start now.
For those of you who have ran races, give me some tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment