Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

The thought of dying food green kind of weirds me out.  I like my food to be the color it should be.  So we decided to make a meal that naturally has green in it.  We had pesto chicken, rosemary potatoes, green beans, green kool-aid and for dessert we're having grasshopper pie.



Ingredients: 
1 package oreos
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
2 cups whipping cream (whipped)
1 {7 oz.} jar marshmallow creme
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
10 drops green food coloring

Directions:
1.       Count out 22 oreos and crush them.
2.       In a medium bowl, combine crushed oreos and butter; mix well.
3.       Press oreo mixture in a 9 inch pie pan and place in refrigerator to let cool.
(OR YOU CAN JUST BUY AN OREO CRUST)
4.       Meanwhile, gently combine whipped cream, marshmallow creme, and milk in a large bowl until smooth. (I found that if you microwave the marshmallow creme for about 30 seconds before adding it to the whipped cream it helps)
5.       Add peppermint extract and food coloring and mix well.
6.       Place filling on top of pie crust and smooth over.
7.       Crush about 4 oreos and sprinkle crumbles evenly over pie.
8.       Stick it in the freezer and make it into an ice cream pie (I think it’s way better that way)


Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I hope all of you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get that shirt? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got it at American Eagle, but it was a while ago.

    ReplyDelete