Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Saturday Adventure

A while ago I saw someone post a picture on instagram of them petting a camel. Ever since that day I have been begging my husband to take me to see the camel.  Today was a warm day for Logan, and after having school and work all week we decided to go on a little adventure to find the camel. We had no idea where it was, all we knew was that it was on a farm off 600 north.  We drove for probably 30 minutes trying to find this camel, out in the middle of nowhere. We couldn't find it anywhere, just when we were about to give up and turn around we saw it. I got so excited, and I really don't know why, it's just a camel. We parked on the side of the road and walked toward the barbed wire fence and sunk into the two foot deep snow.  Along with the camel, there were two zebras and lots of horses.  The camel was too far away so we tried to get the zebra to come to us.  We tried to convince it to come to us by making zebra noises and tricking it to think that the snow in our hands was actual food.  It didn't work.  Instead, a giant, white, Clydesdale horse came to us.  I was a little afraid to pet it because I thought it would bite me.  But it was the sweetest horse in the world. I now want a horse of my own.




After petting it for a while we noticed that the camel had moved closer to the fence. We decided to go towards the camel and see if it would come to us.  Braden and I tried our best camel sounds and it actually seemed to work, it started walking towards us.  Then it stopped.  Again, we tried to trick it with snow, didn't work.  But instead, two other horses came to us.  They were kind of gross and had dreads so we just ignored them.  Once they had walked away we tried getting the camel to come to us for another 10-15 minutes and finally gave up.  The camel was never going to come.  I didn't get my picture petting a camel, but I guess this will have to do.


I might have to drag my husband out there again some day so I can try to pet the camel. Honestly, I don't know why I wanted to do it but it was a fun excuse to get out of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment